Thirteen Reasons Why (2007)
Asher,Jay
Adult Fiction
Rating:9.5/10
Warnings: Inappropriate seen for young children, violence, talks about suicide.
Everyone goes through hard times but Hannah Baker has been going through a hard time and decides to commit suicide. But before she dies she makes tapes of her life each tape is of someone that 'bulled" her or when she wanted/asked for help did not give her help there are 13 tapes so their are 13 people that are a reasons why she committed suicide. In the book a boy named Clay is one of the reasons and he walks around town while he listens to the tapes.
In the book Hannah has many hard times because kids had spread gossip around the school about her. Clay soon realizes what gossip can do to someone and how bad it can hurt someone he soon decides to make a change in his wife.
Thirteen reasons why is a dramatic book. Because it talks about suicide so much it shows how you really don't know what someone is going through and that you should think and say nice things about other people because, you never know what is going on in their life. Asher uses a narrator to show what hard times that this girl is going through. I think that he wrote it in a neat way because, he uses Clay to describe what clay thinks but the narrator (Hannah) also describes how she fells about the situation.
The intended audience is defiantly for high school students and adults because, it is a bit gruesome for some high school ages but it teaches a good lesson of thinking of other peoples feelings and how bad gossip can hurt someone.
I had heard many good things about this book and it seemed really good. I never got lost in the book the whole time that I read it I also understood what was going on the whole time that I read this book. The only time that when I wanted to put it down is because, I needed to go and do something or I had to go to sleep. But I still read it as much as I could. Kirkus starred review said " A brilliant and mesmerizing debut from a gifted new author." Also Sherman Alexie said " A mystery, eulogy and ceremony."

No comments:
Post a Comment